The wellness market is teeming with new CBD products sprouting up everywhere. The information about the benefits of CBD is all over the internet. Now, the question arises – how much CBD do you need to take in order to feel the benefits? Whether you have been using CBD for a while or are thinking about using it for the first time, understanding the way CBD works and working out the dosage is something that can be tricky to understand especially since the industry is still in its nascent stages. In this blog, we discuss what the right dosage of CBD means for someone.
The biggest cause for confusion with CBD is that the FDA has not provided a Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) for CBD. So, there is no official serving size for CBD.
The consequence of no recommended intake is that people decide their dosage based on the companies they buy their product from. It is even worse when friends and family who are not certified give recommendations on dosage purely because they use CBD. Using CBD does not make you an expert.
The most commonly recommended dosage is ‘one dropper of CBD per day’. This seemingly precise dosage is not a good rule to go by. CBD does not have a ‘one size fits all’ dosage. This common recommendation does not take into account a lot of factors:
1) What is the concentration of the CBD?
2) What is the condition being treated and how severe is it?
3) What is the weight of the individual?
4) What is the body chemistry of the individual?
If there is no universal CBD dosage, then how do you decide how much you should take? Here are some ways to gauge it.
1) Based on body weight: Usually, people with more body mass require more CBD in order to experience its effects, much like most other substances. A good rule of thumb is to consume 1-6mg of CBD for every 10 pounds of body weight. For a more severe condition, stick to the higher side of this recommendation.
2) Increase gradually: Start with a small initial dose based on weight, understand your body’s reaction, and then increase your dosage gradually till you find the ideal dose.
3) Consult a healthcare professional: Most doctors will understand how your body will react to CBD. Especially if you have a pre-existing medical condition, it is best to consult a professional.
At Seabedee we advise you consult your physician before you start any CBD product usage. Get a professional recommendation and a check up to ensure your good health.