The trends of 2020 have CBD written all over it, and not just for its medicinal benefits: CBD is now being utilized as a remedy for the skin. Why? Well it’s 100% all-natural, risk-free, and there are no negative reactions known.
You think you have a skincare routine that’s “working for you”? Think again. Those ingredients listed in small print on the label of your moisturizer or facial scrub? What does it read? Chances are, you can’t pronounce half of them. Better yet, you can’t get through all those ingredients listed on the label because there’s so many! Too many tongue-twisting ingredients on your skincare products should be an obvious red flag that what you’re using on your skin may not be helping it, and in fact doing the opposite. That’s why Seabedee has taken it upon ourselves to educate everyone about what “red flag” ingredients to look for on the label of your skincare products before buying. We will also give you a simple solution to your skin care needs; CBD. Making the switch to a CBD-based skin care routine will likely be the best beauty-related decision you’ve ever made. CBD skincare products should never have a long line of ingredients trailing down the label, and the medicinal properties of CBD work to restore and revitalize skin that has been damaged.
Time to say goodbye to your old skincare and hello to CBD? Read below and then make your decision.
If I could list every single toxic, chemical ingredient that popular skincare brands tend to include in their products, I would. Unfortunately, far too many exist to fit onto this webpage. Fortunately, I can give you a concise list of the worst ones to look out for, and give a brief explanation for why these ingredients are downright awful. Without further adieu, I present to you the “Red Flags” of Skincare…
1. Aluminum: “Ice on my wrist” might look flashy, but metal on the face does not. Especially when it’s aluminum, which is a toxic metal that interferes with the regular function of the endocrine system. This is found in nearly every beauty product on the shelves. Keep an eye out and consider this to be a major ingredient red flag.
2. DEA/MEA/TEA: DEA, or diethanolamine, MEA, or monoethanolamine, and TEA, or triethanolamine, can be thought of as the acronym D.M.T.: Don’t Mess w/ This. These clear liquids smell like ammonia and are just as bad as it too. AVOID THESE AT ALL COSTS!
3. DMDM Hydantoin & UREA(Imidazolidinyl): Good luck pronouncing these guys, which are preservatives that release formaldehyde, which is what is used to make adhesive glue and building materials like plywood. This is what you’re putting on your face people! Better watch out. This is a no-brainer red flag ingredient.
4. Mineral Oil: Doesn’t sound too bad, right? Wrong. This red flag ingredient coats your skin like plastic, clogging the pores and likely causing acne and irritation. Gotta love that it’s found in most moisturizing creams, lotions, and makeup products! Not. Keep an eye out for this sneakster that’s up to no good in your skin care routine.
5. Parabens (Methyl, Butyl, Ethyl, Propyl, etc.): These ingredients have no business medling in your skincare products, so much so that they sometimes aren’t even listed on the ingredients list because they’re used as preservatives. These chemicals not only damage and irritate the skin, but also cause hormone imbalances. PRO TIP: Look for a label that says “Free of Parabens”.
6. PEG (Polyethylene Glycol): If you had dry skin before using a product with PEG included, the after affects may require a facial-funeral. This red flag ingredient diminishes the skin’s natural moisture and is used to thicken product formula. No thanks.
7. Phthalates: THIS IS USED TO MAKE PLASTIC’S Y’ALL. Yes, you heard me right; plastics. It is a chemical that makes plastic durable and flexible, yet it is also found in a multitude of cosmetics and skincare products. The worst part? It’s listed incognito under the term “fragrance”. Phthalates=Fragrance=No-go: An equation for happier skin.
8. Propylene Glycol (PG) & Butylene Glycol: Especially for anyone suffering from the skin condition, dermatitis , this red flag ingredient is a major one to avoid. These ingredients are alcohol based, and strip the skin of vital proteins and cellular structure. The cherry on the top is that PG can cause eye irritation, conjunctivitis and upper respiratory tract irritation. Oh what a joy it is… NOT.
9. Siloxanes: Any ingredient listed on a skincare product that ends with “-siloxane” or “-methicone” fits into this red flag ingredient box. It is likely an inhibitor of endocrine production as well as a reproductive toxicant. It is harmful to fish and other wild animals, humans are animals, do not use anything with siloxanes in it.
10. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) & Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES): When you wash your clothes in the washing machine, what do you use? Detergent! When you wash your face with a facial cleanser that includes SLS or SLES, what are you using? Detergent! This is toxic and found in 90% of foamy skincare products. Bubbles are not always all fun and games. Beware of these two harmful ingredients.
THE +1: Triclosan: Had to add this additional ingredient to the the red flag list. It is an antibacterial agent (something that CBD does naturally without causing any harm) that can permanently damage thyroid function and degrade into a type of dioxin, which is a class of chemicals that have been linked to cancer. Nuff said.
So, are you ready to make the switch to a CBD Skin Care Routine? Chances are, you found at least one of the “red flags” listed above on the back of your skincare bottle. It’s time to say goodbye to your old skincare and hello to your new-and-improved skincare remedy and routine: CBD! Keep an eye out for Seabedee’s soon-to-be released skincare line. We use only the best quality CBD and natural ingredients to provide our customers with maximized benefits. Check out our CBD products today by clicking here!