Natural, plant-based beauty products are a hit with consumers nationwide as people are beginning to recognize the importance of reading the labels on their skincare products. It is an unfortunate fact that many beauty brands include toxic chemical ingredients in their products (for more information about what ingredients and brands to watch out for when purchasing beauty products, read Seabedee’s blog post, Goodbye Old Skincare, Hello CBD). Instead of focusing on what is damaging for your skin, we want to tell you about what is amazing for your skin: CBD.
Why is CBD amazing for you skin? Seabedee is excited to tell you all about it. We’ve comprised a list of The Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Use CBD Skincare, so you can get a better understanding of all the benefits brought to your beauty routine by CDB.
1. CBD can be used to treat acne: The most common skin condition in the United States is acne, which affects over 50 million people every year.1 The belief that acne only occurs during puberty is a myth: Acne occurring in adults is increasing, and it can occur at any stage of life.2-4 Acne occurs when oil clogs the pores of the skin, trapping dirt and bacteria inside. This irritates and inflames the skin, thus creating acne. Fortunately, CBD has both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that work to get rid of skin conditions such as acne! CBD acts as an all-natural skincare antibiotic by targeting the affected area and eliminating the fatty acids and bacteria trapped inside the pores. Additionally, the terpenes in CBD work to reduce the body’s production of oil that clogs the skin without drying it out. Time to wave goodbye to acne and hello to CBD skincare!
2. CBD can help prevent wrinkles: Wrinkles are not just a sign of aging skin, but also can be induced by things like pollution, cigarettes and the sun. CBD is a natural antioxidant, meaning it protects the skin from damaging outside factors by serving as a barrier to the oxidants. CBD also protects the skin’s elasticity and encourages the production of new skin cells while ridding of the dead ones. CBD might just be the trick to having more youthful, wrinkle-free skin!
3. CBD is a remedy for eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis: CBD has anti-fungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory AND antimicrobial properties! These attributes make CBD an excellent candidate for fighting skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis. These skin conditions usually have underlying issues that cause them, and the immunosuppressive qualities of CBD target these internal components and calm the body’s response. CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties calm the symptoms of redness and irritation, working to soothe breakouts and flares of eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis. No more using highly chemical topicals for treatment of skin conditions when CBD presents as a natural and effective remedy!
4. CBD is safe for sensitive skin types: CBD is a naturally occurring compound derived from the hemp plant. Because it is 100% natural, there is no risk associated with using it on any and all types of skin. CBD skincare products should always be paraben-free, fragrance-free, and free of harmful chemical ingredients in general. So as long as you’re buying your CBD skincare from a trusted company like Seabedee, even the most sensitive skin types can reap the benefits of a CBD skincare routine.
5. CBD moisturizes the skin: The antioxidants found in CBD help build up the skin barrier to retain moisture and safeguard from pathogens. This helps get rid of dry skin by effectively nourishing and moisturizing it. Unlike moisturizing lotions that interfere with the body’s natural production of sebum(oil), CBD regulates its production instead, thus making for healthy and happy skin!
The research on CBD’s benefits to skincare is astounding and recommended highly amongst professionals. No wonder the skin and beauty industry is adapting a new trend of CBD products. Keep on the lookout for Seabeedee’s soon-to-be-released skincare line, which will include only the most quality ingredients and an abundance of CBD to keep your skin healthy, happy and youthful!
1. Bickers DR, Lim HW, Margolis D, Weinstock MA, Goodman C, Faulkner E et al. The burden of skin diseases: 2004 a joint project of the American Academy of Dermatology Association and the Society for Investigative Dermatology. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2006;55:490-500.
2. Holzmann R , Shakery K. Postadolescent acne in females. Skin pharmacology and physiology 2014;27 Suppl 1:3-8.
3. Khunger N , Kumar C. A clinico-epidemiological study of adult acne: is it different from adolescent acne? Indian journal of dermatology, venereology and leprology 2012;78:335-41.
4. Tanghetti EA, Kawata AK, Daniels SR, Yeomans K, Burk CT , Callender VD. Understanding the Burden of Adult Female Acne. The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology 2014;7:22-30.