In 2018 the cultivation of hemp was legalized in the U.S., and ever since then the CBD industry has taken off. People are becoming more educated on CBD, the benefits it may provide, and the ways that it can be used. It is not uncommon to hear that CBD can be taken as an aid for pain, sleeplessness or anxiety, but what about the lesser-known uses of CBD? Seabedee has methodically researched the CBD market to find the most unconventional uses of CBD around today. Our team of professionals at Seabedee narrowed it down to a list of the Top 5 Lesser-Known Uses of CBD for y’all to check out. Read below to get the low-down on the hush-hush uses of CBD seen in 2020:
1. Addiction Treatment: Our number one-ranked, lesser-known use of CBD is its use for addiction treatment. Preclinical trials found that cannabinoids such as CBD reduce the effects of opiate withdrawal and interrupt dependence on alcohol, nicotine and cocaine.¹
2. Aid Fibromyalgia: CBD’s number two lesser-known use is for treating the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Currently there are only three medications available that are approved by the FDA to treat fibromyalgia. Unfortunately, these drugs do not have very high success rates among prescribed patients: Approximately 63% of patients prescribed one of the three fibromyalgia medications reported that the medication did not help their symptoms at all. On the other hand, The National Pain Report found that 62% of patients who were given CBD to aid their fibromyalgia symptoms reported that it worked very effectively for them.
3. Counteracts THC Effects: If you’ve taken to smoking marijuana for recreational or medicinal purposes, chances are you’ve experienced being “too high” before. What you probably didn’t know, however, is that CBD can work to lessen the psychoactive effects induced by THC when taken together.
4. Alleviate High Heel Pain: This lesser-known use of CBD is for all you divas and fashionistas out there, strutting the streets in those high-heeled kicks. Although there’s no research done specifically looking at how CBD can help with high heel-induced foot pain, many celebrity testimonials speak on behalf of this CBD benefit. CBD’s anti-inflammatory and painkilling properties are likely to thank for this.
5. Alzheimer’s Disease Management: Last but not least on Seabedee’s Lesser-Known Uses of CBD List is the use of CBD for management of Alzheimer’s. A study done in 2014 found that CBD could reduce symptoms such as social withdrawal, cognitive deficits and even promote heightened facial recognition!²
As far as CBD’s lesser-known uses go, we’ve got that covered. But why not check out some unique CBD finds from Seabedee’s online store? We have products that stand out from the rest, like our CBD Infused Hand Sanitizer and our delicious CBD Infused Peach Rings. Come check out our shop today, just click here!